Unlearned
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unlearned

Deception is everywhere

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Level Design

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tiadam

Level Design Empty
PostSubject: Level Design   Level Design I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:37 pm

[img][/img][img]Level Design Ss_map10[/img]

Hopefully the image works, if not, I'll post the lesser-resolution one on the wiki.

Anyway, I'll bring the paper copy to the next meeting we have, and I'll elaborate on the story in another topic. Once we decide on a storyline, I'll start writing "cutscenes"/dialog.

So here's what it is:
Part 1: Training in Divine Valley
Level 0: Monastery - Monk describes why you must go on this quest (no actual puzzles)
Level 1-3: Training Ground 1-3 - Monk shows you the controls - Many bamboo & wood structures to get around, all nonlethal.
B-Level 4: Valley Trail - You pass the training by defeating the first boss (spirit bear) and gain the resurrection orb (from now on, all puzzles are considered lethal)
Part 2: Midlands and Island
Level 5: Midland Plains - Monk describes what you need from the island people to complete your quest (and why) - grassy surrounding, maybe enemies (poachers. Get it?-he's a skunk!)
Level 6: Coast - Skunk makes his way to a boat and/or bridge to get to the island - more grass and sand art
Level 7: Island - Traps set by island people - more grass and sand environment
B-Level 8: Island Village - Few more traps, boss (chieftain) gives you pogo stick (higher jump).
Part 3: To Mt Doom
Level 9: Coast/Jungle entry - You make your way from the sandy coast to the high-tree jungle
Level 10: Jungle - You make your way through the treetops/jungle
Level 11: Jungle/mountain: A tough path that takes you up steeply into the mountains
Level 12: Mountain Pass: A relatively flat area with many cliffs, etc.
Level 13: Mountains: A very up-and-down path that takes you near the entry to Mt Doom
B-Level 14: Golem boss protects the Doomed Cave entry, once defeated gives you the volatile mixture (double jump through fart/stench)
Part 4: Inside Mt Doom
Level 15: Cavern entrance - long, thing, dark cave
Level 16: Central Cave : Lava!!! (What more do you want Smile High ceiling, lot of light from lava
Level 17: The Climb : Straight-up level that has you constantly gaining altitude (perhaps introduce a rising lava level to keep player going?)
Level 18: Mountain Top : Jump over lava, etc. to get to central platform. After defeating boss (Volcanic spirit) player gets the divine inspiration (?) and SPOILER ALERT monk dies. Player commits suicide to follow monk.
Part 5: Supernatural
Level 19: Purgatory: completely white, with clouds and no shadows. Holds gates to heaven and hell. Turns into puzzling level once both heaven and hell have been visited.
Level 20-21: Heaven 1-2: Player being obstructed by angels, player searches but finds no evidence of monk, goes back to purgatory.
Level 22-23: Hell 1-2: Player being obstructed by demons, fire etc. Still finds no clue of monk. returns to purgatory.
Level 24: Purgatory: Player makes his way through puzzles in a pure white environment, eventually finds the monk, who tells him to follow him through a gate.
Level 25: Monastery: Monk tells Skunk the truth about his quest. SPOILER ALERT Skunk must defeat the monk.

So, a couple things:
Many changes are needed, feel free to take this blueprint apart as you see fit.
Every so often obvious traps are needed
Once a level is completed, it is unlocked on the world map
I'll post the story to go along with this soon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Level Design Empty
PostSubject: Re: Level Design   Level Design I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Niceeee work! I like it.

Let's try to get the Training Level section implemented first. I'm going to assume that Level 0: Monastery will be some kind of intro movie?

For levels 1-3, were you thinking about many moving bamboo platforms?
Back to top Go down
https://shaolinskunk.forumotion.com

Level Design
Page 1 of 1